Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Use Mirrors to Reflect Light

Hi Guys,

Today I'd like to talk about mirrors and how you can use them to brighten a room.

Feng Shui tells us that a mirror can expand a space, as well as draw the beneficial Chi energy in. Mirrors have been called the aspirin of feng shui. They can dramatically shift the flow of energy in any given space. Mirrors also bring a sense of refreshment and calm.

Now that fall is on the way and days will be getting shorter, a mirror is a good way to make a dark room seem brighter simply by hanging it directly across from a window. When you do this, the light from the window is reflected back into the room.

I used this idea in our dining room. When we enlarged our kitchen and added a farmer's porch to the front of the house, the dining room became very dark. I hung what my son refers to as an Amoeba shaped mirror across from the two windows that look out onto the porch. It made a huge difference in the brightness of the room. I had friends walk into the dining room and ask, "Why does this room seem so different?"

I also used this same technique by hanging mirrored closet doors in my work room and in the guest bedrooms.

I hung one of my mother's antique mirrors in the front hall. It reflects the light coming from the bathroom window at the opposite end of the hall and really lights up the hallway.

The mirror in the living room is not hung directly across from the windows, but it still seems to reflect the light in the room.

Try hanging a mirror across from a window and see how it will brighten your room and your life.

That's my tip for today.

b

No comments:

Post a Comment