Monday, September 13, 2010

Decorating for Fall

Hi Guys,

Now that summer is over and school has started, my thoughts have turned to fall, cool weather, and redecorating. I'd like to spend the next few blogs showing you ways to change your home from summer to fall.

Today's decorating tip is an easy one--change your throw pillows. I know this doesn't sound like it will make much of a difference in your room, but, believe me, it will.

I've used my bedroom and living room sofa to show you some examples of summer and fall looks.

In the first picture, my bed is dressed for summer with light colors and a very neutral bedspread. The second picture shows it with a warm throw at the bottom of the bed and darker throw pillows. See the difference. One looks like summer and the other looks like fall.

Below are pictures of my camelback sofa in the living room. I've changed out the throw pillows and added some throws so you can get the idea of how different a piece of furniture can look just by changing a couple things.

The first picture is my summer, easy, breezy, look. The following pictures show how it looks with different, warmer accessories.

I hope you can see what I mean about throw pillows and throws changing the look and feel of a room. Try it. It's easy and inexpensive (especially if you sew and can recover old pillows).

Just a reminder, you can enlarge a picture by clicking on it.

That's my tip for today.

b

No comments:

Post a Comment