Thursday, September 9, 2010

Personalize Your Home

Hi Guys,

I'd like to spend the next couple blogs helping you show your personality and your talents by displaying collections that are special to you or crafts that you have made.

In addition to my stenciling and embroidery work, I like to make quilts. I made one large quilt for my son's bed, but mostly I like to make small quilts that I can display on the walls. My cousin, Laurie, wanted to see the whole quilt that you got a sneak peek of in my stenciling blog. I call it my Amish Tulip Quilt and it is hung in my hallway. I hung the Amish girl picking flowers in my guest bedroom, and the checkerboard quilt is hung on the triangle wall where the ceiling was raised in the kitchen.

My son, in addition to being a wonderful photographer, is also a talented artist. I've displayed one of his water color paintings that had been displayed by our local Arts and Crafts Society.

When we remodeled the two bathrooms, we had left over tiles. I took the tiles and broke them into pieces, glued, and grouted them onto an existing table top. I then painted the rest of the table glossy black to make our living room coffee table. Notice how well it picks up the black triangles in the rug.

I made the little angel out of brown paper grocery bags. I also made miniature versions of her which I sold to a craft store in the area.

If you or a member of your family is at all crafty, display your talents where not only you can admire them, but so can others.

That's my tip for today.

Just a note...if you click on a picture, you can enlarge it.

b

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to posting this photographs and tips which helpful for me and other people also.i really like photos on the wall which looks beautiful and stylish to home.coffee table which made by small pieces of broken tiles looks so fantastic.

    Aussie Barn

    ReplyDelete