Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ready for Trick or Treaters

Mum and Pumpkin on Front Porch
Hi Guys,

I had a wonderful time getting our house ready for the onslaught of trick or treaters on Halloween. I love to dress up as the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz and have been known to scare away teenagers with my wicked laugh. Since then, I've toned it down and do a quieter version.

Front Porch Ready for Trick or Treaters
Front Porch with Troll Mask and Gracie & Zippy
I love handing out the candy and seeing the little children in their myriad of costumes...everything from Princesses to Darth Vader. Of course, we make a big deal out of the children we know and always give them extra treats. The dogs also love the excitement of greeting the children at the door and the children love to pet them.
Ceramic Jack-O-Lanterns Made by My Son

When my son was young, he and I would spend hours carving elaborate pumpkins. We would use patterns and special little saws and would make witches, black cats, and skeleton jack-o-lanterns. We would put a candle in each one and put one on every step leading up to the front door so they were visible from the street. It was the highlight of the neighborhood. Now that he's grown, we no longer make the elaborate jack-o-lanterns, but I still have wonderful memories of those days.

Remember to have some money on hand for the children collecting for Unicef. Every little bit helps.

I hope you enjoy Halloween as much as I do!

That's my tip for today.

b

Fall Shade Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment