Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Month of October

Burning Bush, Mum, and Japanese Maple
Hi Guys,

I just finished reading an entry on Facebook by one of my friends. She said that her mood matched today's dark, dreary weather. I was sitting on the sofa at the time, looking out our sliding glass doors, wondering to myself how she can be in a bad mood with such resounding beauty surrounding us this time of year.

October is a month of dichotomies. One day it can be in the 70's and the next in the 50's with freeze warnings at night. Our Honeysuckle plant in the front has lost almost all it's leaves. I will cut it back and put the vines in a vase. The Honeysuckle plants growing up the lattice work on the deck are still in bloom, however, and not quite ready to be cut back. My Geraniums in the window box are still blooming and so are my Impatiens, Begonias, and Mandevilla plants.
Japanese Maple

October is my favorite month of the year. Just looking out my windows can give me a thrill as the beautiful colors cascade from the colorful trees touching the sky down to the flowers on the ground.
Honeysuckle in Bloom

Mums and Gourd
Honeysuckle dried
Mandevilla in Bloom
I couldn't resist taking some pictures just around my yard. Maybe they will perk up my friend's mood. How can you look at all this beauty and not smile.
Burning Bush

My tip for today is to enjoy nature's beauty.

b
View from My Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment