Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Floral Arrangements

Tulips, Evergreen Branches, & Curly Willow
Hi Guys,

Tomorrow night is our Lexington Bicentennial Band Holiday Party. I went to the nursery to buy flowers for the food table. I looked at the arrangements, and the prices and thought, I can make that for a whole lot less. I already had vases, so I purchased individual flowers (mums, daisies, baby's breath, evergreen branches, and pink and white tulips) and three boxes of raw cranberries. I made three lovely arrangements for a little over $40.

Empty Vase & Cranberries
I started out with an empty vase and added water and a few cranberries. Then I arranged the flowers and filled the vase with more cranberries until they reached the top.

Vase Ready for Flowers
I added some curly willow to the arrangements along with some glittery eucalyptus that I had purchased for an arrangement a few years ago.


Mums, Baby's Breath, Curly Willow, Eucalyptus


I think the arrangements will look lovely on the table tomorrow night.

That's my tip for today.

b


Finished Mum Arrangement

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the finished Mum arrangement! What are those shimmering petals used to accent the bouquet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kai,

    Thanks for asking. They are eucalyptus leaves that have been sprayed with some sort of glitter. I didn't make them, I bought them at Michael's a few years ago and just keep using them every year.

    Happy Holidays,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone else made a comment but it didn't come through. Please post it again or go to my Barb's Decorating Tips on Facebook.

    Thanks,
    b

    ReplyDelete