Monday, January 16, 2012

Decorating the Mantel Part 2

Finished Mantel

Hi Guys,

With the help of my son, the mantel is finished. I used a decorative plate/vase from the kitchen to put on one end. I tried putting the identical plate/vase on the other end, but it was too symmetrical, and I didn't like it. I then tried putting my live orchid plant up there and it was all right, but nothing exciting. I then got the idea of putting one of my Murano vases up there and filled it with three different kinds of orchids.

Too Symmetrical
Instead of the picture, we bought a line of music in rustic gold. It doesn't show up very well, so I will spray paint it silver.

The candles in the center are on a timer. They light up at night and give the room a wonderful ambiance.

Live Orchid Plant
Try changing your mantel decorations. It will make your room seem new and special this winter.

That's my tip for today.

b
Orchid Arrangement in Murano Glass Vase

No comments:

Post a Comment