Friday, October 8, 2010

Awkward Corners

Corner TV Stand
Hi Guys,

Do you have an empty corner in a room that looks like it needs something, but you don't know what?
Well I have a few ideas for you.

One idea is to fill it with furniture. We bought a corner TV stand for better viewing, plus it fills the corner. In the opposite corner, I bought a corner curio cabinet for my mother's Hummel collection.

Dining Room With Ficus Tree
Bare Corner in Dining Room
We had an empty wall in the dining room which needed something, so I bought a faux Ficus tree, and it fit beautifully. I strung Christmas lights on the tree which I light for special occasions during the year, not just at Christmastime. I chose to use an artificial tree because I have found that Ficus trees just do not like to live indoors, especially in my house.


Palm Plant in Living Room
I filled the empty corner of my living room with an artificial Palm plant. It adds beauty to the room as well as bringing a little of the outdoors in. If I had a green thumb and remembered to water my plants, I would probably have had a live Palm since it gets a good amount of sun in that spot, but since I'm not very good at taking care of plants, I chose the most realistic artificial plant I could find.

Flowers in the Front Hall
I made an arrangement of Magnolias and grasses for the empty space in the front hall. I change it out with an arrangement of Tulips and Forsythia in the spring.

Empty Kitchen Corner
Decorative Plate in Kitchen
My kitchen is shaped like a U, so I have two empty corners. I chose decorative plates to put in the corners. One is a hand painted picture of fields which reminds me of my home in Iowa, and the other is a platter which I actually use, so it solves my problem of where to store it.

A rocking chair makes a good corner piece in a bedroom or child's room.

I hope this gives you some ideas for filling those empty, awkward corners in your home.

That's my tip for today.

b

No comments:

Post a Comment