Thursday, August 18, 2011

Let Your Walls Tell a Story





My Mother's Antique Mirror
Hi Guys,

When you go looking for something to hang on your walls, look for something that has meaning to you, tells a story, or evokes a special memory.
This is a crewel embroidery picture I spent months making.

I have crewel and cross stitch pictures that my relatives and I have made and framed over the years.

When my son was in high school, he painted a beautiful water color picture. I can still remember him working on it. I hung it above the bed in the guest room so our guests can admire it.

This is the beautiful water color painted my son made in high school.
An antique mirror hangs in the front hall. I remember that mirror from my childhood. Mom had it in her house in Iowa, and it moved out here with her. When she passed away, it became mine.

My sons and husband are all wonderful photographers. I loved so many of their photos that I had to put up photo shelves to hold them all. I change them out often so I have different ones to admire. Each one has a special meaning to me.
My son took this picture of an old abandoned house.

I will try to relate their stories in their captions.
This is the path to the right of the above house.

My son photographed this dragon fly, then made some origami dragonflies to hang next to it.
When decorating your walls, try to choose something that tells a story. Buy a shadow box if you want to display baby clothes or shoes, or special items that you have collected and have sentimental value. Frame photographs or needle work. Hang quilts. Whatever it is, it should be something that makes you smile.

That's my tip for today.              

b

A photo that my husband took of our instruments.

My husband and I made several CD's over the past few years. We framed the covers and hung them in the music room.
Small family photos displayed on a sofa table in our living room

No comments:

Post a Comment