Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bring the Outside In


Rhodendrons in Margarita Glasses
Mandevilla in Wine Glass
Hi Guys,

As part of spring decorating, I like to bring some of the spring flowers blooming in my yard into the house. I don't worry about using traditional vases. Although traditional vases are  perfectly appropriate and beautiful, I like to use other glass objects and containers to hold my spring blooms.

Flower Sndaes
I used handblown Margarita glasses to hold purple and white Rhododendrons. They look like raspberry and vanilla sundaes.

A wine glass served as the vase for two Mandevilla blossoms.

I used an actual sundae glass to hold one Zinnia. The color looks like peach sorbet.
Zinnia in a Sundae Glass

Finally, I used a juice glass to hold a Peony and some little white flowers.

I put them all down the center of my kitchen table. It makes a lovely centerpiece and is so simple to do.

These are just a few examples of bringing the outside in.
Peony in Juice Glass

Go out into your yard and see what you can find that is in bloom. Use your imagination and find something interesting to use as your "vase."

If you can't find anything in your own yard, perhaps a neighbor will give you permission to cut one of their flowers. It only takes one to make a big impact.

That's my tip for today.

b

Simple Centerpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment